Saturday, January 14, 2012

Homemade dry Laundry soap!!!

Dry Homemade Laundry Detergent

Some of you have been asking about what Laundry soap I make so I thought I'd re post this for ya!
Now that I've used it for long time now, I can say that I would rather use this recipe rather then my liquid. only because it really gets the  stains out of the kiddo's clothes without needing a pretreater, so that saves me a few minuets in my day, and thats a HUGE pulse for me! and too I also like the smell of the Fels. so clean and fresh!
Also it makes a much smaller recipe then my other kind, so that helps out there to with wondering where to store it!!
So next time your wash room looks a bit like " Mt. Washmore" give this new recipe a try, you just might like it!

Homemade Laundry Detergent Recipe
2 bars Fels-Naptha laundry soap
4 cups Arm and Hammer washing soda
4 cups Borax
2 cups Oxyclean
In a large bowl mix together the washing soda, Borax, and the Oxyclean. Grate the Fels-Naptha (a food processor makes this part much easier). Combine the grated soap into the dry mixture and combine thoroughly. Place in container with a small scoop. I just used the oxyclean scoop!
 1 scoop for each load, or 2 TBS. of you choose to use a different scoop!

2 TBS per load for toploader

1/2 TBS per load for front loader


If I have a load that I know has some set stains, I will fill my washer and let it set over night with the load, and in the morning " No More Stains" gatta love that! :)

Blessings!!!

No comments: