Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Loving our Husbands!


My Blessing!!!

Over the past year the Lord has been teaching about how to Love Jon. and with being married for 6 1/2 years now I have a long way to go! but I'm slowly learning how to love him in a way that Honors the Lord.
One of my prayers for 2012 is that the Lord would take me to a much deeper level of loving him and in that showing our children how to love God too!

Here is just a few ways that I've determined that I'm going to work on it this year.
I've gone to the Word to look for some help,
What better place to look?
How Do I???
* I respect him?  Eph. 5:33
* I physically love him? 1 Cor. 7:3~5
* Praise him? Proverbs 12:25
* Honor him? Titus 2:4
* Pray for him daily? James 5:16 & Eph. 6:18
 I was so encouraged by looking through the Word a find answers that I can work towards, did you see that I didn't say Do. but work towards!! it's a process, and I'm so excited to get started!!!

Sometimes the Proverbs 31 Woman that I so long to be seems like a Superhuman, and unreal. and to be honest IMPOSSIBLE!!! She is always on her toes and is up before daylight, and never worries about tomorrow cause she's got it all together. :)
But you know we have the same 24 hours in our day that she did, and by the Holy Spirit's help " I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength" ( Phil 4:13) 
So I've stared down a path to wanting to honor the Lord even more by loving my Sweet Hubby!!
Will you strive with me to begin the journey to Love the man that the Lord has blessed you with in your life. and to be the "helpmate" that He desires you to be?

No comments: