Saturday, January 15, 2011

Recipe for Steel Cut Oatmeal!!!!

Hey Ladies!
Here is the recipe that I used this morning to make the oatmeal.
It was so easy and yummy!!! the Kids loved it so much that they both asked for 2nds and Liam had 3rds!!! Jon and I liked the fun Texture and the Nutty flavor.


Steel Cut Oatmeal

1 tablespoon butter
1 cup steel cut oats
3 cups boiling water
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon low-fat buttermilk
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Opp. 1 tea. Vanilla (we love it so I add it to everything!)

Directions
In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add the oats. Stir for 2 minutes to toast your oats.(you should see a little change in the color of the oats, and your house should smell like Popcorn!) Add the boiling water and reduce heat to a simmer. Keep at a low simmer for 25 minutes, without stirring.


Combine the milk and half of the buttermilk with the oatmeal. Stir gently to combine and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Spoon into a serving bowl and top with remaining buttermilk, brown sugar, and cinnamon.



I was out of Milk so I cheated and added some liquid coffee creamer, so it wasn't as healthy this time as it could of been but it was great!!!

Thats it!!! it was easy and sooo yummy.
I picked up out Oats at the Amish bulk store on 219. if your from my area!
Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Reeniel said...

oh goodie I'm going to try it this way on Mon. a.m for Steve's breakfast! thanks so much for sharing, see you never know what you'll post that will bless someone else!! so for those that say I don't want to know if the Moorman's eat oatlmeal, oh well I did!