Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dry Laundry Detergent

I'm at it again, I'm was in scarch of a new laundry soap that was in dry form and here it is.
I can say that I would rather use this recipe rather then my liquid. only because it really gets the light stains out of Aiden's clothes from his baby food without needing a pretreater! and I like the smell of the Fels. so clean and fresh!
Also it makes a much smaller recipe then my other kind, so that helps out there too!
So next time your wash room looks a bit like " Mt. Washmore" give this new recipe a try, you just might like it!

Homemade Laundry Detergent Recipe
2 bars Fels-Naptha laundry soap
4 cups Arm and Hammer washing soda
4 cups Borax
2 cups Oxyclean

In a large bowl mix together the washing soda, Borax, and the Oxyclean. Grate the Fels-Naptha (a food processor makes this part much easier). Combine the grated soap into the dry mixture and combine thoroughly. Place in container with a small scoop. I just used the oxyclean scoop!
and 1 scoop to warm water!

2 comments:

Reeniel said...

thanks for sharing, I'm going to forward this to my Kara it is easier to make and less to store for 2 people. Can you believe I had trouble with my skin and the other one, sure I would with this one too. No one else seems to so I still use All Free and Clean for my stuff, (bummer) but the liquid one for everyone else. I still have plenty since last fall of that, but will keep this in mind.

Unknown said...

Oh Reeniel!
I'm so sorry that you're having trouble with the liq. detg. next time you make it you may want to use a bar of soap that you know your skin is okay with. like when I made it I used Dove, cause I knew the baby was ok with it!
I really like this recipe and the smell is soooo mummmy it makes the whole closet smell good!
Blessings!